Nanoscopic Imaging for Protein Localization
The protein location associated with the alteration of a DNA-methylation pathway was imaged at an ultra-high resolution of 30 nanometers
New Application of Halide Electrolyte in Li–O2 Batteries
Li–O2 batteries with Li3InCl6 exhibit decreased interfacial resistance and enhanced decomposition of discharge products.
Better Understanding of Phosphorene Degradation
This paper provides a better understanding of phosphorene degradation and is valuable for the development of phosphorene-based materials.
Study on the cellular structure and chemistry of Candidatus Mcas
A new adaptation to the microbial sulfur cycle in a giant magnetotactic bacterium is reported.
Understanding the Organomineral Interactions in Permafrost System
This paper suggests that organomineral complexation is crucial to predict C stability as permafrost systems warm.
The spectromicroscopy (SM) facility at CLS has one beam line (10ID-1), enabling users to perform studies in the fields of polymer science, environmental science, and biological applications to novel material design and magnetic imaging.
CLS-SM consists of an Apple II Elliptically Polarizing Undulator (EPU), a plane grating monochromator (PGM), two branch lines, and two microscopes:
- Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscope (STXM)
- X-ray Photoemission Electron Microscope (X-PEEM)
List of Publications »
- Wang, Liwei; Ou, Wenchao; Liu, Hongjie; Wang, Shaopeng; Xia, Zhonghua et al. (2023). Electronic structure optimization of titanium-based layered oxide to b .... Applied Surface Science 618, 156702. 10.1016/j.apsusc.2023.156702.
- Shah, Syed Q. A.; Annaorazov, Muhammet; Rimal, Gaurab; Wang, Jian; Borunda, Mario F. et al. (2023). Controlling the Magneto-Optical Response in Ultrathin Films of EuO. ACS applied materials & interfaces . 10.1021/acsami.2c18842.
- Xu, Jijian; Pollard, Travis P.; Yang, Chongyin; Dandu, Naveen K.; Tan, Sha et al. (2023). Lithium halide cathodes for Li metal batteries. Joule 7(1) , 83-94. 10.1016/j.joule.2022.11.002.