This study shows that specific microfossil populations of the 1.88 Ga Gunflint Iron Formation contain Fe-silicate and Fe-carbonate nanocrystal concentrations in cell interiors.
This study identified a complex, nutrient-rich organic coating on co-composted biochar that covers the outer and inner (pore) surfaces of biochar particles
A novel graphene-capped multichannel array sample platform was developed to extend the capabilities of photoelectron spectromicroscopy to routine liquid and atmospheric pressure studies with standard PEEM setups.
The spectromicroscopy (SM) facility at CLS has one beam line (10ID-1), enabling users to perform studies in the fields of polymer science, environmental science, and biological applications to novel material design and magnetic imaging.
CLS-SM consists of an Apple II Elliptically Polarizing Undulator (EPU), a plane grating monochromator (PGM), two branch lines, and two microscopes:
- Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscope (STXM)
- X-ray Photoemission Electron Microscope (X-PEEM)
- Wu, Mingjie; Zhang, Gaixia; Tong, Hui; Liu, Xianhu; Du, Lei et al. (2021). Cobalt (II) oxide nanosheets with rich oxygen vacancies as highly effi .... Nano Energy 79, 105409. 10.1016/j.nanoen.2020.105409.
- Sun; Gang; Zhao; Changtai; Yu et al. (2021). In-situ surface chemical and structural self-reconstruction strategy e .... Nano Energy 79, 105459. 10.1016/j.nanoen.2020.105459.
- Nguyen; Van At; Wang; Jian; Kuss et al. (2020). Conducting polymer composites as water-dispersible electrode matrices .... Journal of Power Sources Advances 6, 100033. 10.1016/j.powera.2020.100033.