This study shows that specific microfossil populations of the 1.88 Ga Gunflint Iron Formation contain Fe-silicate and Fe-carbonate nanocrystal concentrations in cell interiors.
This study identified a complex, nutrient-rich organic coating on co-composted biochar that covers the outer and inner (pore) surfaces of biochar particles
A novel graphene-capped multichannel array sample platform was developed to extend the capabilities of photoelectron spectromicroscopy to routine liquid and atmospheric pressure studies with standard PEEM setups.
The spectromicroscopy (SM) facility at CLS has one beam line (10ID-1), enabling users to perform studies in the fields of polymer science, environmental science, and biological applications to novel material design and magnetic imaging.
CLS-SM consists of an Apple II Elliptically Polarizing Undulator (EPU), a plane grating monochromator (PGM), two branch lines, and two microscopes:
- Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscope (STXM)
- X-ray Photoemission Electron Microscope (X-PEEM)
- Hömberg; Annkathrin; Obst; Martin; Knorr et al. (2020). Increased silicon concentration in fen peat leads to a release of iron .... Geoderma 374, 114422. 10.1016/j.geoderma.2020.114422.
- Choi; Jang Hyun; Hong; Jung-A; Son et al. (2020). Comparison of Enhanced Photocatalytic Degradation Efficiency and Toxic .... Nanomaterials 10(8) , 1543. 10.3390/nano10081543.
- Martens; Isaac; Melo; Lis G. A.; West et al. (2020). Imaging Reactivity of the Pt–Ionomer Interface in Fuel-Cell Catalyst L .... ACS Catalysis 10(15) , 8285-8292. 10.1021/acscatal.0c01594.